Probate and Estate Administration Matters in Florida
Wills and Trusts ◊ Probate and Trust Administration
If you became incapacitated and could no longer handle your own affairs, who would you trust to handle your money and pay your bills? What if an accident occurred and your family members had to carry on without you? Would you want a court-appointed guardian for your children? Would you want your heirs worrying about what to do with real and personal property or financial accounts? What if your estate was held up in probate for months or years? How would your family survive?
An experienced lawyer can help you address all these concerns, creating an estate plan that identifies exactly what will happen in the event of your death or disability.
At the law offices of Ellen Deutsch Taylor, P.A., an Association of Individual Practices of the Law, we bring 30 years of combined legal experience to individuals throughout the Tampa Bay area, north to The Villages and south to Sarasota. We take the time to learn the details of your situation so that we can employ targeted strategies to help you accomplish your goals. These decisions are highly personal. It is vital to choose an attorney who you are comfortable with and who understands your needs.
To schedule a free initial consultation, contact us by e-mail or call our offices at 727-475-4247 in Tarpon Springs.
Our Probate and Estate Practice
We handle a broad range of legal issues involving estates and probate, including:
- Estate planning — We will help you understand the methods for ensuring the orderly distribution of assets. We will prepare and execute all the documents necessary to put your estate plan in place, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, living wills and health directives.
- Probate administration — We work with executors, administrators, personal representatives and heirs, helping to complete the steps required to settle an estate in the probate courts. We will assist you with the preparation of an inventory of assets, the payment of all final debts and taxes of the estate, and the distribution of property according to the terms of a will.
- Trust administration — We represent trustees and beneficiaries, helping to comply with the laws, as well as the terms of the trust.
- Probate litigation — We handle disputes arising from the probate process, including will contests and allegations of breach of fiduciary duty.
- Elder law concerns — We provide elder law counsel to individuals, handling issues involving Medicaid or Medicare, and helping devise asset protection strategies to deal with long-term care needs.
We offer estate and probate services at competitive rates. We often conduct free lectures or seminars to help people have a better understanding of the benefits of estate planning.
Contact Our Offices
We offer a free initial consultation in estate and probate matters. To schedule an appointment, contact us or call us at 727-475-4247 in Tarpon Springs. Flexible meeting times are available, including evenings and weekends upon request. We can travel to your home, the hospital or a nursing home to meet with you.